Crowns and Veneers are tooth restoration solutions that can boost the function and appearance of your teeth. However the two methods have different procedures, costs and other differences. Here is what you need to know about the different approaches.
Veneers are a thin, tooth coloured material designed to cover the front surface of your teeth. They are usually made from resin or porcelain-composite materials. Veneers are ideal for people with misshapen teeth, a gap between teeth or chipped teeth. These cosmetic implants are also stain-resistant, can be personalised and and help to maintain a natural appearance.
Sleep Dentistry Melbourne offers porcelain veneers to correct dental flaws and create an attractive smile. We will also custom design the colour of the veneers to match the colour of your teeth.
Crowns are caps for damaged teeth. You can choose a temporary crown that will remain in your mouth for a short time or choose a permanent crown that will stay in your mouth for the rest of your life. Permanent crowns can be made from various materials, such as metal, porcelain-fused-to-metal, resin or ceramic.
Crowns have several uses such as
- Levelling the colour, shape and size of the teeth
- Aligning your bite
- Replacing a cracked or damaged natural tooth
- Protecting a tooth that has undergone root canal
- Covering a weakened tooth after severe cavity or decay
Difference between Crowns and Veneers
The main difference between crowns and veneers is how they fit your teeth and the reason you may need them. These include:
- A crown covers the entire exposed surface of your tooth while veneers will only cover the front-facing surface of your teeth
- Veneers require the removal of a thin layer of tooth enamel, while crowns require removal of of more than half of the visible tooth
- Veneers are recommended when you want to address minor dental issues that are aesthetic in nature, while crowns are recommended when there are significant issues with your teeth.
Get Your Dream Smile
At Sleep Dentistry Melbourne, we offer porcelain veneers, if you would like to know more about our services, you can give us a call at 1300 255 600 or book an appointment through our website here: https://www.sleepdentistrymelb... .